I do like how there is a common, accepted standard for fantasy races across the RPG worlds that I’ve played. Wood elves tend to have a more organic, grown for purpose feel, while high elves tend to use organic shapes in a stylised form. Anyway, here are some examples 🙂
21. Ca’ial Breal, Vanguard. Wood elf city.
22. Leth Nurae, Vanguard. High elf city.
23. Lothlórien, Lord of the Rings Online. High elves. It was pretty here during the day, but at night it became truly magical and otherworldly.
24. Elder Scrolls Online. This shot of a Bosmer (wood elf) structure was taken during a story instance, but there is a similar example just outside Elden Root, Grahtwood.
25. The Grove, Guild Wars 2. OK this is ‘cheating’ as the sylvari aren’t wood elves. However, they have much in common so I thought I’d include it 🙂