[I’ve also written an elven path now]
My Dwarf champion is currently level 17 and I haven’t actually levelled up any characters since before the Rohan release (2012) as I have mostly concentrated on either my Lore-Master or my Hunter.
So, as I’m levelling this character to just experience the game again, I thought I’d try to choose a path which will take me smoothly through the levels but will also visit some of my favourite areas with a Dwarven connection. I’ve looked at the Zones by level page on the wiki and I think I might try them in this order:
Levels 1 – 50:
- Ered Luin (1-15) [Dwarven starting area]
- Nen Harn, Bree-land (15-21)
- Ost Guruth, Lone-lands (to mop any remaining levels if needed)
- North Downs (24-32) [Othrikar]
- Evendim (30-40) [one of the most beautiful zones in the game, although no dwarves that I remember :)]
- Misty Mountains (40-45) [Dwarven area, Glóin!]
- Forochel (45-50) [stunning zone, plus has a dwarven connection at Zigilgund]
- alternate 45-50 could be Sarnúr, Ered Luin
Levels 51 – 75:
- Moria (51-60) [required for legendary weapons, but well you can’t have a dwarven levelling path without this zone anyway!]
- possible side trip to Lothlórien [following the footsteps of Gimli]
- Enedwaith (61-65) [love the lore and mythology here, plus we meet Nár at Zudrugund]
- Dunland (65-70) [not so excited about this, as I remember spending a lot of time here originally, so I may miss it if I can]
- Great River (70-75) [I would prefer to quest here, probably starting the epic story if possible]
I’ll spend as much time in each zone as needed to gain levels but I will carry on with grey quests for as long as I enjoy it. I’ll be ignoring deeds, aside from those relating to class or those which are easy to get, and also the epic story until Rohan. I may need to backtrack slightly for some quest chains but hopefully this path will be fairly smooth.
Once (if!) I’m at Rohan, I’ll pick up the epic story there and follow it through Rohan, Gondor, Anórien, Ithilien and possibly Mordor… There is less choice here I feel, although you probably don’t need to do all side quests to level. Having said that, arriving in Mordor over-levelled won’t hurt.
I do like Volume I and II of the epic story very much, however I personally feel quite familiar with it so I’m happy to miss it out this time round.
What path do you follow?